Sunday, April 27, 2014

It all seems to get better with time.

Right?!

Well, it has been just over a week (day 8 now) that Britt has moved on to Iowa to his new career. We are very happy and very proud of him, but just to be a little selfish here - I want him back! Sure, we can just pack up and go to be with him, but we are so close to being done with school and the kids are getting to the point where they realize they are moving away from their friends :( If there is a silver lining for Bailey, her best friend is moving to Dallas for the summer (her dad works at different locations each summer) and they will be moving about the same time we will.

The first couple of nights we were with out Britt were rough, Bailey slept with me until Tuesday night. She never wants to cuddle, hold hands, or sleep with us; but, with her daddy gone, she couldn't resist :( She doesn't get too sad unless she's tired or I'm leaving her a daycare, I hope she doesn't think that I'm leaving to. So, we make sure to talk to Britt every day, but she doesn't ever want to hang up!!!

Kaeden, so far, seems to be doing okay. I was most worried about how he would react to Britt moving and eventually us all moving back. When we moved to Utah, it was tough on him and we didn't realize it soon enough. My sister, Kelli, moved out here with us for a couple of months and I thought that would help with the transition, but he had some anxiety and started to twirl his hair when he was alone, sleeping and tired. It got to a point where he had pulled out quite a bit of hair over a couple months. We addressed the situation by talking through it and making sure he was preoccupied with activities, and shaved his head... Eliminate the problem. So this time, I'm hoping it's a much easier transition.

So, as we go into the second week of having a dual time zone family, we are a little more optimistic that it will be better than last week!

Stay tuned, because I had quite the meltdown yesterday and hope that it doesn't happen again! I can't stand the emotion :)

No comments:

Post a Comment