Friday, April 4, 2014

Can I get an 'easy' button for life?

Well, in true 'Kim and Britt' fashion - we don't do anything easy. Not that I think others do, but I just honestly feel we have the make the situation as difficult as it can be and then kill it!

1) 2007 - Having a baby at the end of junior year of college... then taking 18 - 21 credit hours to graduate on time and with your class because someone once said, "so, what about college now?"  - well. what?!

2) 2009 - Have your second baby when living in a tiny two-bedroom apartment?  Oh, and 1a) having baby and then moving into your own apartment for the first time... in the ghetto of WDM... hey, it's rough!  back to 2) have two babies, your husband starts traveling every week for a week for work... working full-time and paying out the butt for day care. Did I mention I was seriously crazy when pregnant with Bailey?

3) 2011 -This one is a doozy... a) decide to move to SLC, UT, b) quit a really good job, c) get married within two months of planning, d) travel to SLC and E) BUY A HOUSE f) start new awesome HR job!

4) 2012 - Move to Utah - an entire world away from Iowa. But during the move... let's break your back, Kimbo. smooth move. And then what's that, the house won't be ready for another week? Let's live in a hotel room; Britt, Kim (w/ broken back), Kelli (Kim's sister), Kaed and Bailey... and start work full time, 50+ hours a week.

5) Here we are, 2014. Looks like we're due for something. We are MOVING again, back to Iowa.

I don't like to think of it as moving back to Iowa, because it sounds like we couldn't hack it out in Utah. Well, most days, I couldn't - it was tough for me. But I'd like to think that we could live out here for a long time. It is gorgeous. It is seriously, the prettiest place ever! There is so much to do, regardless of the weather. We are moving to an opportunity that came Britt's way and we are just very fortunate enough that it is close to family and friends in Iowa.

That's all the details I've really got for you now, I'm still kind of processing it myself. More to come!

...easy button, anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment