Friday, July 25, 2014

SOLD!

When your husband takes a new job in Iowa, and you want to move back to the Midwest, the plan typically involves putting your house on the market and ultimately selling. Well, then why is it so hard to sell our house?! Not the act of selling, but that of someone else buying it and we have to leave? Emotionally, I'm torn. Of course I want to be closer to family, but I have enjoyed our little family of four discovering new things, activities and experiences as the Four, I don't want that to stop. I'm sorry if I'm being selfish for wanting it to be just is four, for all of my children's lives, they've been passed around and shred with grandparents from weekend to weekend - I don't want to go back to that. So I'm not "sold" on moving back, yet. 

Anyway, in reference to the house - it's sold. And I'm very proud of me and Britt (Britt and I - whatever) we made a very smart, financial decision in buying when we did and then selling when we did.  Before the market got moving and just before I believe our market reaches the top! Yay! We won our first real estate battle!

Now comes a new battle, moving our life 16 hours, in four different times. Here is how the move broke down for us.

  • April 18 - Britt took off on the 16 hour drive from Lehi, UT to West Des Moines, IA. Alone. 
  • June 1 - Bailey flew back with my mom who had been in town visiting and watching the kids' dance recital.
  • June 21 - Kaeden, Russell and I drove 6 hours to meet Britt and Bailey in Laramie, WY to do the trade off. This was soooo hard. I drove back to SLC without anyone in the car with me, my entire heart drove off in the opposite way. :(
  • July 16 - I finally made the departure for 'home'. It was hard. It was sad. It was bittersweet.


But it made it easier for me knowing that my kiddos were being well taken care of. They were riding horses and fourwheelers, camping, fishing, and boating with family! No way were they going to be excited once I go there!

I was leaving behind our first home. I was leaving behind some really amazing people that were such a big part of my heart. But it was nice knowing that I was going to my whole heart, my home, my loves in Iowa.

...tbc. 


No comments:

Post a Comment